ISO 15926 and Semantic Technologies Network
ISO15926 and Semantic Web Technologies Network is an academic network on semantic technologies supporting data integration and reasoning. The network includes Norwegian universities, the major research institutions and representatives from the public sector, the oil and gas industry and the defence industry.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Motivate the universities/research institutions in Norway to increase focus on ISO 15926 and Semantic Web technologies
- Motivate the governmental funding institutions to increase the support of efficient machine to machine communication
- Make available relevant research reports and publications in collaboration with the members of the network
- Make available relevant teaching material in collaboration with POSC Caesar Association (PCA) and the universities
- Strengthen the relationship between research and users
The network is sponsored by GDF SUEZ E&P Norge AS and operated by Western Norway Research Institute. A conference on the ISO15926 and Semantic Web Technologies is scheduled to take place in Sogndal every year.